We run a number of online training sessions in various aspects of mental health and therapy for qualified practitioners and those interested in these challenging and interesting fields.
Some of the programmes we run are listed below, for full details on any of these programmes contact us and we will be happy to supply more information. Dates for upcoming courses and events can be found here.
NCS Quality Assured CPD Events
We are delighted to highlight that ITC Therapy is now an NCS quality assured training provider.
The following courses listed below are Quality Checked by the National Counselling Society (NCS).
- Understanding Personality Disorders and Traits for Therapy & Coaching
- Key Principles of Strategic Therapy & Motivational Interviewing
- Understanding and Managing Compassion Fatigue and Secondary Trauma
- Time Perspective & Timeline Applications in Therapy & Coaching
- Understanding and Application of Solution Focused Therapy Principles
As with all our programmes these will be open online courses as well as available for groups and organisations to book as in house events both face to face training and online events
It is important to note that these courses alone are not a route to the NCS
Accredited Register nor does it fully equip participants to practice as a qualified counsellor without additional training and are meant to supplement and enhance knowledge and understanding of the subjects.
Affordable one day CPD events for Therapists and Coaches
We deliver a number of key one-day CPD events, which will appeal to the therapists and coaches of all theoretical and practice standpoints.
These sessions are designed to enhance and expand your skill base and include sessions on the following subjects:-
Mindfulness Training for Clinical Applications in Coaching and Therapy
Martin runs a number of one and two-day mindfulness events specifically aimed at giving therapists and coach’s skills to be able to use mindfulness in their current practice.
The great benefit of Mindfulness is that it can be incorporated in to a wide range of existing practice. Martin is able to give you the requisite skills to make full use of this growing therapeutic tool, which is well proven to be highly effective in treatment of a range of issues.
Managing and Understanding Compassion Fatigue and Secondary Trauma
- Define and understand key terms such as, vicarious or secondary trauma, compassion fatigue, and PSTD.
- Gain some understanding of how these conditions develop in us and colleagues.
- With the use of case studies look at and identify the five stages of compassion fatigue.
- Spotting the signs in ourselves and others and how these conditions can significantly affect our ability to help others.
- How to support and manage these conditions and develop effective and prompt interventions.
- Some exercises and techniques which can significantly help reduce the impact of traumatic work and situations that cause emotional distress.
Understanding Personality Disorders and Traits for Therapy and Coaching work
- Defining Personality and Personality Disorders
- Understanding of the “Big Five” personality traits
- Greater awareness of the main Personality Disorders
- Why a degree of understanding can help your practice
- Understanding descriptive criteria for each disorder
- Applying understanding gained through a number of case studies and reflective discussions
Understanding and Application of Solution Focused Therapy Principles
- Definition of Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- How this approach developed
- Understanding the main features of this approach
- Understand and apply the three stages of the core Solution Focused process model
- Understand and apply some of the main techniques of SFBT ] Understand and apply experiential reframing and the skeleton keys of SFBT to move clients on effectively
Expanding the therapy / Coaching toolbox
- Developing a range of useful tools to add to your therapy / coaching toolbox
- Key skills for effective state management
- Ideas for dealing with excessive thoughts and ruminations
- Developing a wider concept of expectancy in treatment
- Highlighting a range of tasks clients can apply throughout their lives
Key Principles of Motivational Interviewing
- Understanding core language patterns used by clients around change and sustain talk
- Understanding the four key principles of Motivational Interviewing
- Effective use of Motivational Interviewing in therapy / coaching
- Use of the Trans theoretical change model with Motivational interviewing to invoke change in clients
- Developing understanding of how these key principles can be effectively applied in any clinical practice
- Enhancing and developing Clinical Hypnosis Skills
- Identifying strategic symptom characteristics to inform our therapeutic / hypnotic intervention.
- Developing a generic therapeutic / hypnotic plan to guide clients to effective results
- Understanding hypnosis as a tool to develop change
- Understanding goals, plans, intent, motives and needs and building these in to an hypnosis intervention
- Effective use of therapeutic language skills
Time Perspective and Timeline applications in Therapy and Coaching
Our understanding and perspective of Time and the different temporal settings we all operate in is highly influential in maintaining our outlook on life and good mental health. This unique workshop will look at two specific concepts and approaches to time as it relates to therapy and coaching.
- Define and understand two key concepts and approaches to time and temporal settings for coaching and therapy work.
- Consider the three key time perspectives we all operate in and the positives and negatives to various perspectives.
- Developing an understanding of how we represent time and view events from our different temporal perspectives.
- Understanding of the key principles of Time Line Therapy.
- How to elicit our time line and time perspective and apply techniques to help manage negative emotions and events from a clients past, present and future.
- Practical application of these theories through demonstrations, questionnaires and small group practice.