At our offices at Derby Road, Long Eaton, we run a number of training sessions in various aspects of mental health and therapy for qualified practitioners and those interested in these challenging and interesting fields.
Some of the programmes we run are listed below, for full details on any of these programmes contact us and we will be happy to supply more information. Dates for upcoming courses and events can be found here.
Mindfulness Training for Clinical Applications in Coaching and Therapy
Martin runs a number of one and two-day mindfulness events specifically aimed at giving therapists and coach’s skills to be able to use mindfulness in their current practice.
The great benefit of Mindfulness is that it can be incorporated in to a wide range of existing practice. Martin is able to give you the requisite skills to make full use of this growing therapeutic tool, which is well proven to be highly effective in treatment of a range of issues.
Affordable one day CPD events for Therapists and Coaches
Martin is delivering a number of key one-day CPD events, which will appeal to the therapists and coaches of all theoretical and practice standpoints.
These sessions are designed to enhance and expand your skill base and include sessions on the following subjects:-
Managing and Understanding Compassion Fatigue and Secondary Trauma
- Define and understand key terms such as, vicarious or secondary trauma, compassion fatigue, and PSTD.
- Gain some understanding of how these conditions develop in us and colleagues.
- With the use of case studies look at and identify the five stages of compassion fatigue.
- Spotting the signs in ourselves and others and how these conditions can significantly affect our ability to help others.
- How to support and manage these conditions and develop effective and prompt interventions.
- Some exercises and techniques which can significantly help reduce the impact of traumatic work and situations that cause emotional distress.
Understanding Personality Disorders and Traits for Therapy and Coaching work
- Defining Personality and Personality Disorders
- Understanding of the “Big Five” personality traits
- Greater awareness of the main Personality Disorders
- Why a degree of understanding can help your practice
- Understanding descriptive criteria for each disorder
- Applying understanding gained through a number of case studies and reflective discussions
Understanding Strategic Therapy and Coaching Principles
- Developing a strategic approach from the onset with a client – seeing the big picture
- Using a strategic framework and principles of a transdiagnostic approach to develop and effective treatment plan
- Developing effective questioning skills to ascertain core issues
- Understanding and developing expectancy with clients
- Mood effects and how to use and understand a clients moods to maximum effect
- Understanding goals, plans, intent, motives and needs
Expanding the therapy / Coaching toolbox
- Developing a range of useful tools to add to your therapy / coaching toolbox
- Key skills for effective state management
- Ideas for dealing with excessive thoughts and ruminations
- Developing a wider concept of expectancy in treatment
- Highlighting a range of tasks clients can apply throughout their lives
Key Principles of Meta Cognitive therapy and Motivational Interviewing
- Developing an understanding of the Meta Cognitive processes
- Developing understanding of rumination and worry and their affect of mood / state and behaviour.
- Understanding the four key principles of Motivational interviewing
- Effective use of Motivational Interviewing in therapy/coaching
- Use of the Transtheoretical change model with Motivational Interviewing to invoke change in clients
Enhancing and developing Clinical Hypnosis Skills
- Identifying strategic symptom characteristics to inform our therapeutic / hypnotic intervention.
- Developing a generic therapeutic / hypnotic plan to guide clients to effective results
- Understanding hypnosis as a tool to develop change
- Understanding goals, plans, intent, motives and needs and building these in to an hypnosis intervention
- Effective use of therapeutic language skills