All of the following programmes are now available as short three hour online training sessions – contact us for full details
Dealing with extreme persistent and difficult staff behaviour
Difficult staff behaviour is a growing problem for all Organisations. Problems develop within the workplace due to often extreme persistent and difficult staff behaviour at all levels.
This workshop is not purely about bullying or difficult behaviour but seeks to help staff and managers understand excessive persistent difficult behaviour from staff in the workplace and ways to handle it more effectively.
Click here for articles in our links / media section for more information on this unique training programme
Dealing with Controlling / Intimidating / Manipulative Personalities in the Workplace
A brand new three hour online programme building on our EDB Programme which has been running for the past ten years. Using a range of new material / strategies and information. We will be looking at understanding and managing controlling, intimidating and manipulative personalities not only in staff but peers, senior staff and customers / service users.
- Define what is meant by this type of behaviour / personality.
- Understand and identify key traits relating to this type of behaviour.
- Understand key strategies used to control / intimidate / manipulate.
- How to recognise this type of behaviour at all levels in the workplace.
- How to manage this type of behaviour at all levels in the workplace.
- How to avoid the dramas and the traps this behaviour so often creates.
Dealing with Unreasonable Persistent Complainants
In this world of ever increasing demands and targets coupled with an ever decreasing level of staff. Complaints from the public will increase and at times develop into Unreasonable Persistent Complainants who can, if allowed, simply clog up an already over stretched system or service. In this workshop, develop your understanding of this ever growing problem and look at ways to effectively handle Unreasonable Persistent Complainants.
- Defining the term persistent complainant and unreasonable persistent complainant
- Understanding the key issues around long term conflicts and complainants and the negative impact
- Profiling the persistent complainant to help understand and develop strategies to manage them
- Using an interactive case study to develop key skills
- Understanding how persistent complainants develop and spotting key warning signs of their pending development
- Understanding and awareness of a range of difficult personality types and the traits an unreasonable persistent complainant may exhibit
Emotional Intelligence and Mindfulness for the Modern Workplace
This presentation focuses on the development of key skills in emotional intelligence and the fast growing applications of mindfulness to help individuals and teams at all levels develop for both personal and organisational benefit.
- To define the key concepts of Emotional Intelligence
- To define and develop understanding of Mindfulness and Personal Sort Styles
- To then use these two key concepts to enable functional application of Emotional Intelligence in the moderns workplace
- Identify barriers to introducing and developing EQ in the workplace and ways to “sell” these ideas more effectively
- Develop a hard case for these soft skills and understand how and why they benefit the organisation at all levels
- The implication of applying these concepts in the workplace for individuals, teams and the organisation as a whole
Motivational Interviewing and Influencing / Listening Skills for the workplace
An engaging online programme looking at equipping participants with skills to help engage and support others who are reluctant to open up and talk, who are stressed and pressured but unable to tell you what the issues are. Skills developed through effective motivational interviewing, listening and influencing skills.
- Develop effective communication skills to help engage stressed individuals.
- Develop skills to elicit issues and difficulties individuals may be experiencing and unwilling to divulge.
- Developing clear communication from both receiver and sender to reduce communication distortions and blocks.
- Utilisation of two key communication approaches – Principles of Motivational Interviewing and Socratic Questioning.
Developing skills in Assertive Communication and Negotiation
An engaging online programme looking at equipping participants with skills to help communicate and negotiate in an assertive, confident and effective way to get a productive and positive outcome.
- Understand the Continuum of Assertive communication.
- To recognise a range of resistant people we encounter.
- Develop key skills in the art of negotiation and influencing.
- Managing the expectation of others.
- Utilising two styles of communication over the assertion continuum.
PIN Point communications – The Art of Effective Talking and Listening
In this programme we look at applying a number of psychological and theoretical concepts and some very unique and different ideas together with functional skills to help us all communicate more effectively. Quite simply to be able to P.I.N. Point our communication.
- Develop better understanding of how we process information
- Define the different communication processes we all operate
- Understand our personal sort styles and how they may differ to those we are communicating with and the problems this may cause
- Develop understanding of issues of perception and common roadblocks to effective communication
- Utilising the “Columbo model of Communication” a fun but very relevant set of key communication principles
- Applying these concepts in the workplace will benefit individuals, teams and of the organisation as a whole
Developing Psychological / Emotional Resilience for modern work and life
Defining resilience through positive psychology and emotional intelligence concepts. Understanding the link to better performance through practice of these concepts.
Using Mindfulness and Positive Psychology concepts as a vehicle to greater psychological resilience and emotional balance.
Understanding the Science and the Art of these principles and developing them for individuals, teams and the organisation as a whole.
- Defining resilience through positive psychology and emotional intelligence concepts
- Understanding the link to better performance through practice of these concepts
- Using Mindfulness and Positive Psychology concepts as a vehicle to greater psychological resilience and emotional balance
- Understanding the Science and the Art of these principles and developing short effective exercises that individuals, teams and the organisation as a whole can use to enhance well being
Why should you choose these training programmes?
- Full support material available for all programmes
- Programmes are adaptable to suit a wide range of situations.
- Programmes are simple but detailed enough to give people the skills they need.
- Programmes can be tailored to specific Organisational needs or run off the shelf.
- Programmes are pitched to the level of the group to instil fast effective learning.
- Each programme has a structured progression for all user levels.
- Although other programmes follow similar paths, all have been enhanced by Martin’s considerable experience in the training field.