Saturday 8th June 2019
Mild-to-moderate eating problems such as excessive snacking, binge eating, frequent dieting and ineffective exercise regimes correlate with poor physical and emotional wellbeing. Coaching, with its emphasis on establishing a supportive yet challenging relationship with clients, is an ideal approach to enabling clients overcome these common problems.
Key Subject Areas
- Define and understand coaching and the coaching relationship, who makes a good coachee and different coaching styles (non-directive and directive)
- Consider the critical function of challenge in coaching and working effectively with it
- Understanding habit formation and re-formation with reference to positive states and the role of the emotional brain
- The importance of self-awareness – the key emotional intelligence – in coaching and creative ways of raising it in clients
- How to understand the role patterns play in our clients’ lives and the power of pattern interruption to bring about positive change
- Models of change and helpful models of change for clients
- Using coaching exercises to set goals and create effective strategies for clients
- Practical application of coaching ideas and principles through demonstrations, case studies, coaching interventions and small group practice
Course Tutor – Mark Evans
Mark is an accredited European Mentoring & Coaching Council (EMCC) Coach Practitioner and is an accredited therapist with the Human Givens Institute and National Counselling Society.
Since 2005 he has worked as a coach and therapist in Higher Education, business and in private practice. Mark belongs to the EMCC Academic Members Forum that promotes the use of coaching in Higher Education. Prior to working as a coach and therapist Mark worked for MIND as a Mental Health Advocate and The Telegraph Group as a Strategic Planner.
He draws from a range of coaching and therapeutic theories and approaches including Solution Focused Coaching, Human Givens Therapy together with mindfulness and performance tools such as Guided Imagery.
Take this opportunity to train with a coach and therapist with a broad range of skills and experience who has a genuine passion for working with people affected by mild-to-moderate eating problems
This one-day event fully inclusive is just £120.00
Cost includes refreshments, lunch, course notes and certificate of attendance.
Training times – 10.00am to 4.00pm
Venue – 152a Derby Road, Long Eaton, NG10 4AX (5minutes from junction 25 of the M1)
To book a place on this course please click ‘Book Now’ below. You will be redirected to PayPal where you can complete your booking.
You do not need a PayPal account to use this system.