This CPD events is quality assured by the National Counselling Society and includes issue of a CPD Certificate for six hours CPD
Compassion fatigue and secondary trauma are both real yet often ignored issues for therapists, coaches and mental health professionals. This workshop looks at what these terms actually mean and how we might help ourselves and others to manage these conditions. Especially ideal for therapists, coaches, and supervisors in the mental health field.
Key subject areas
- Define and understand key terms such as, vicarious or secondary trauma and compassion fatigue.
- Gain understanding of how these conditions develop in us and colleagues.
- Use of case studies look at and identify the five stages of compassion fatigue.
- Spotting the signs in ourselves and others and how these conditions can significantly affect our ability to help others.
- How to support and manage these conditions and develop effective and prompt interventions.
- Exercises and techniques to help reduce the impact of traumatic work and situations that cause emotional distress.
Date: Saturday 5th March 2022 (10.00 – 16.30) – £95.00